Swim Whisperers® DVD + Study Guide
Are you a swim/aquatics instructor dealing with children with special needs who have experienced little to no success learning to swim through traditional methods? Or the parent of a child with sensory, motor, or anxiety issues?
Swim Whisperers® DVD + Study Guide will give you the tools you need to work with children who have mild to severe sensory issues, problems with motor skills, difficulty processing information, attention issues, anxiety, or any other condition that might physically or psychologically impede the process of learning to swim.
Who Can Benefit From This?
- Swim Instructors
- Swim School Directors
- YMCA Aquatics Directors and Instructors
- Physical/Occupational Therapists
- Physical Education Teachers
- Fitness Instructors
What Will You Get?
- 1.5 hours of high-quality video, covering 10 hands-on case studies of 14 actual clients, including private, semi-private, and group sessions, illustrating what’s found in the study guide:
- James: Child with Down Syndrome who loves water
- Annie: Child with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- Christan: Individual session of child with Motor Incoordination
- Anna-Kate: Child with Auditory Processing Disorder
- Teddy: Non-verbal child on the Autism spectrum
- Brian: Child with Down Syndrome who is initially fearful
- Aiden: Sensory seeking child on the Autism spectrum
- Group Lesson: 3 girls on the Autism spectrum
- Christian & Rachel: Adolescents with Motor Incoordination
- Anna-Kate & Annie: Young children with Motor Incoordination
- Safety concerns
- Water properties as they relate to the sensory system
- “I can’t touch that!”
- Making a child go under water successfully
- “What did I say?”
- “How do I control my body?”
- “I’m not going on my back!”
- Seeking sensory input
- Petrified to let go of the side
- Engagement and interaction
- Reacts extremely when getting splashed
- Excessive drinking of the pool water
- Ritual and routine to increase comfort
- Success with swim strokes
We at Angelfish Therapy believe that every child, regardless of ability, has the potential to be a safe, confident, and independent swimmer. The material you’ll be exposed to in this DVD and study guide will show how it’s possible to make that happen in less time than you ever thought possible.