Are you a physical therapist, occupational therapist, or speech-language pathologist who’s good with children, and would like to consider a career as a pediatric aquatic therapist?
Are you a swim instructor, aquatics professional, or therapy student who’s interested in teaching children with sensory, motor, and anxiety issues how to swim?
Are you somebody with office management experience, amazing organizational/multi-tasking abilities, and great interpersonal skills, with an interest in helping families of children with special needs?
Then you need to contact us today about becoming Angelfish Therapy’s next new Aquatic Therapist, Swim Whisperers® Swim Instructor, or Office Manager.
Are you a swim instructor or aquatics professional having trouble teaching a child with sensory, motor, or anxiety issues how to swim?
For many children, teaching swim strokes simply isn’t enough.
Before you can teach the child, you need to reach the child. And to do that, you need to understand how a child experiences the water.
We all had to feel comfortable and in control on our feet before we could learn to walk. Likewise, every child has to feel comfortable and in control in the water before he or she can learn to swim. But kids with sensory, motor, and/or anxiety issues find comfort and control hard to come by.
The Swim Whisperers® DVD + Study Guide will show you how to overcome the obstacles that prevent children with issues like these from being safe, confident, and independent swimmers.
Order Swim Whisperers in
June July, and receive a printed copy of the Study Guide at no extra cost. This guide covers all of the concepts presented on the DVD, breaking swimming obstacles down into 14 key areas …
- Safety concerns
- Water properties as they relate to the sensory system
- “I can’t touch that!”
- Making a child go under water successfully
- “What did I say?”
- “How do I control my body?”
- “I’m not going on my back!”
- Seeking sensory input
- Petrified to let go of the side
- Engagement and interaction
- Reacts extremely when getting splashed
- Excessive drinking of the pool water
- Ritual and routine to increase comfort
- Success with swim strokes
Who Can Benefit From Swim Whisperers Training?
Swimming Instructors/Directors, YMCA & JCC Aquatics Staff, Physical & Occupational Therapists, PE Teachers, Fitness Instructors, Lifeguards, and Parents.
In short, anybody who works with children who have a swimming obstacle can benefit from the trade secrets found on the Swim Whisperers DVD, developed by two Aquatic Therapists with decades of experience.
What Will You Find On The DVD?
The DVD includes 10 hands-on case studies of actual clients:
- James: Child with Down Syndrome who loves water
- Annie: Child with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- Christan: Individual session of child with Motor Incoordination
- Anna-Kate: Child with Auditory Processing Disorder
- Teddy: Non-verbal child on the Autism spectrum
- Brian: Child with Down Syndrome who is initially fearful
- Aiden: Sensory seeking child on the Autism spectrum
- Group Lesson: 3 girls on the Autism spectrum
- Christian & Rachel: Adolescents with Motor Incoordination
- Anna-Kate & Annie: Young children with Motor Incoordination
Then we invite you to attend our 3rd Semi-Annual Parent Appreciation Party, being held June 9th at the Trackside in Wilton, CT.
Come get your groove on and celebrate with Team Angelfish. It’s just our way of showing how much we appreciate everything our clients do for us and for their children. So join us for food, drink, and a live band, Eight to the Bar, and be ready to dance, socialize, and be groovy!